Marlie Elia, MD
I grew up in Boston, MA and I spent several years involved in neuro-imaging research before I moved to Washington, DC for medical school. In between medical school and residency, I completed a research fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic. I’m passionate about health disparities research and focus on using large datasets to identify ways in which we can provide better care to under-served communities. In my free time I love to read and also spend copious amounts of time outside with my family and dog, while we climb, hike, and sail.
Biking, science fiction and fantasy
Surgery, health outcomes, health disparities
American Medical Women’s Association
Association of Women Surgeon
- Elia*, M., De, S., & Monga, M. (2020). LBA01-11 NEPHROLITHIASIS DISPARITY IN PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES: DATA FROM THE NATIONAL HEALTH AND NUTRITION EXAMINATION SURVEY. The Journal of Urology, 203(Supplement 4), e1024-e1024.
- Fulla*, J., Calle, J., Elia, M., Wright, H., Li, I., & Monga, M. (2020). MP22-03 ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY AND PERCUTANEOUS NEPHROLITHOTOMY: FREQUENCY AND PREDICTIVE FACTORS. The Journal of Urology, 203(Supplement 4), e328-e328.
- Yamany, T., Elia, M., Lee, J. J., & Singla, A. K. (2019). Female underactive bladder–Current status and management. Indian Journal of Urology, 35(1), 18.
- Johnson, K. A., Schultz, A., Betensky, R. A., Becker, J. A., Sepulcre, J., Rentz, D., …Philiossaint, M., …& Marshall, G. (2016). Tau positron emission tomographic imaging in aging and early Alzheimer disease. Annals of Neurology, 79(1), 110-119.
- Gidicsin, C. M., Maye, J. E., Locascio, J. J., Pepin, L. C., Philiossaint, M., Becker, J. A.,… & Marshall, G. A. (2015). Cognitive activity relates to cognitive performance but not to Alzheimer disease biomarkers. Neurology, 85(1), 48-55.
- Roy, K., Pepin, L. C., Philiossaint, M., Lorius, N., Becker, J. A., Locascio, J. J., … & Marshall, G. A. (2014). Regional fluorodeoxyglucose metabolism and instrumental activities of daily living across the Alzheimer’s disease spectrum. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 42(1), 291-300.