Jonathan Gatto, MD
I grew up in Northern California just east of the bay area and stayed close to home for my undergraduate studies at the University of California-Davis. After working in ophthalmology for several years, I started medical school at the University of California-Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine where my passion for surgery was fostered. I chose the University of Washington for my general surgery internship because of the obvious support given to the residents and the diverse early surgical experience. My fiancee and I are excited to explore Seattle and its breathtaking landscape.
Musician tenor saxophone, guitar, percussion, physical fitness: obstacle course racing, Olympic weightlifting, competitive Rubix speedcubing
Trauma, vascular, orthopedic surgery
David Geffen School of Medicine: medical education fellowship, COVID-19 testing volunteer
- Sharma AK, Levian B, Shah P, Gatto JD, et al. Aged Mice Demonstrate Greater Muscle Degeneration of Chronically Injured Rotator Cuff. J Orthop Res. 2020;38(2):320-328.
- Mosich GM, Husman R, Shah P, Gatto J et al. Non-fibro-adipogenic pericytes from human embryonic stem cells attenuate degeneration of the chronically injured mouse muscle. JCI Insight. 2019;4(24).
- Ishmael CR, Hsiue PP, Zoller SD, Gatto JD, et al. An Early Look at Operative Orthopaedic Injuries Associated with Electric Scooter Accidents: Bringing High-Energy Trauma to a Wider Audience. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020;102(5):e18.
- Ahlquist S, Park HY, Gatto J, Shamie AN, Park DY. Does approach matter? A comparative radiographic analysis of spinopelvic parameters in single-level lumbar fusion. Spine J. 2018;18(11):1999-2008.
- Park HY, Sheppard W, Smith R, Gatto J et al. The combined administration of vancomycin IV, standard prophylactic antibiotics, and vancomycin powder in spinal instrumentation surgery: does the routine use affect infection rates and bacterial resistance?. J Spine Surg. 2018;4(2):173–179. doi:10.21037/jss.2018.05.04