Veeshal Patel, MD, MBA
Originally from New Jersey, I spent eight years in Boston prior to heading west to Seattle for surgery residency. My research work at UCSF involved medical device development across a wide spectrum for various diseases and integration of novel technology. I’m a proud member of the UW Surgery family, and glad to work alongside such incredible colleagues every day – working together to care for critically-ill patients from all over the Pacific Northwest.
Skiing, golf, aviation
Pediatric surgery, critical care, biodesign, medical device development, value-based healthcare
American College of Surgeons
- Patel VH, Harrison MR, Gress EA, Roy S, Chopra P, Kim SS, Lee H. Creating a Multidisciplinary Surgical Innovations Group at an Academic Medical Center to Stimulate Surgery Faculty Technology Development. In: Cohen MS, and Kao L, eds. Success in Academic Surgery: Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Springer Nature; Switzerland AG; 2019: 185-194. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18613-5.
- Patel V, Yoo B, Nishtala A. Naloxone Administration for Prevention of Opioid Overdose. AMA A-12, Chicago, IL. 17 June 2012. National AMA Policy D-95.987.
- Patel V, Nishtala A, Yoo B, Otlans P. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Patient-Specific Training Programs for Healthcare Providers. AMA I-11, New Orleans, LA. 12 Nov 2011.
- Gautam A, Patel V, Pelletier L, Orozco J, Francis J, Nuhn M. Routine BK Virus surveillance in renal transplantation: a single center’s experience. Transplant Proc. 2010;42(10):4088-90.
- Patel V, Gautam A, Pelletier L, Orozco J, Francis J, Nuhn M. Routine BK Virus surveillance in renal transplantation – a single center Experience. Transplantation. 2010;90(2S):656.
- Patel VH, Kwiat D, Leeflang E, Graham J, Lin MY, Havel PJ, Harrison MR. A Novel Magnetic Jejunoileal Partial Diversion in Nonhuman Primates: A Step Forward in Translation and Metabolic Surgery. Surgical Endoscopy. 2018; 32(1):S288.
- Muensterer OJ, Sterlin A, Oetzmann von Sochaczewski C, Lindner A, Heimann A, Balus A, Dickmann J, Nuber M, Patel VH, Manfredi MA, Jennings RW, Smithers CJ, Fauza DO, Harrison MR. An experimental study on magnetic esophageal compression anastomosis in Piglets. J Pediatric Surgery. 2019 May 11. S0022-3468(19): 30336-7.
- Oeztmann von Sochaczewski C, Lindner A, Heimann A, Balus A, Patel VH, Harrison MR, Muensterer OJ. Beyond Magnamosis: A Method to Test Sutureless Esophageal Anastomotic Devices in Living Swine by Creating an Esophageal Bypass Loop for Natural Oral Nutrition. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2019 Jun; 29 (6): 852-855. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30882275.
- Patel VH, Mora R, Padilla BE. “Thoracoscopic Intercostal Nerve Cryoablation During the Nuss Procedure“ Videoscopy. October 2019.; 29(5). https://doi.org/10.1089/vor.2019.0596.