Working At SORCE
Working at SORCE
SORCE is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion, and to being a workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily interactions and our work as a research center. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and collaborative.
Faculty interested in partnering with SORCE researchers and staff should contact SORCE@OBFUSCATEuw.edu with a brief description of anticipated work and timeline for completion.
To see currently open staff positions at SORCE, please go to the UW jobs page at https://hr.uw.edu/jobs/ and search for the keyword “SORCE.”
We welcome resumes from potential candidates at any time. Resumes and letters of interest may be sent to SORCE@OBFUSCATEuw.edu.
SORCE Work Culture
SORCE prides itself in having a dynamic, high-performing, and supportive work environment. With a foundation of well-established structure and process, and a commitment to excellence, we respond rapidly to opportunities with innovative and entrepreneurial approaches.
SORCE’s success is attributed to our staff’s development and demonstration of the following core competencies:
- Communication - Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner; able to articulate their point of view and expectations; effectively assigns responsibility for tasks; provides clear updates on progress, concerns, or barriers.
- Leadership and Teamwork - Contributes to or creates a climate in which people want to do their best; motivates and empowers others; invites input and makes others feel their work is important; relates well to others; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Equity, Diversion and Inclusion - Able to adapt to and work collaboratively with a diversity of people; brings empathy and respect to daily interactions; champions equity, diversity, and inclusion across the organization.
- Depth and Breadth - Balances strong detail orientation with a bigger picture perspective; manages multiple projects concurrently under deadline pressure and changing priorities; tracks effectively on details.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; models and encourages a solutions- and outcomes-oriented approach to challenges.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and collaborators; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and collaborators, and gains their respect and trust.
- Priority Setting - Applies critical thinking, sound judgment, and prioritization expertise in managing complex work; spends time on what’s important; can quickly sense what can help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
As part of the Department of Surgery, we also integrate these core competencies into our work as we collectively support UW Medicine’s mission by advancing medical knowledge and preparing tomorrow's physicians and scientists.