Amit Pujari, MD
Johns Creek, GA
Emory University School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania – Undergraduate
I’m an Atlanta native whose entire family (myself included) has since migrated to the West Coast. After studying Chemical Engineering in college and working as a management consultant during a gap year, I discovered Vascular Surgery as the ideal surgical sub-specialty for me.
Road cycling, running, travelling abroad, reading
Aneurysms, endovascular device development, cardiovascular physiology, ultrasound technology
SVS Resident Member
ACS Resident Member
RFPU-NW Vascular Surgery Division Rep
It offers a complete clinical training program in one of the best places to live in the country. In addition to the complex open and endovascular surgeries at UWMC, Harborview Medical Center provides an unparalleled experience in trauma and acute vascular pathologies.
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
Enjoy your time off before residency to the fullest, be prepared to hit the ground running, and always load the boat.
What do you like best about living in Seattle?
The views, the waterfront bike rides and runs, and the incredible food scene if you know where to look.
- Sadan, Feng, Pearce, Kraft, Pimentel, Mathew, Akbik, Ameli, Taylor, Danyluk, Martin, Garner, Kolenda, Pujari, Mei, Asbury, Samuels. “Intrathecal Nicardipine for Cerebral Vasospasm Post Subarachnoid Hemorrhage is Correlated with Reduced Delayed Cerebral Ischemia – A Retrospective Propensity Score-Based Analysis.” Journal of Neurosurgery, 2020.
- Tora M, Malcolm J, Mahmooth Z, Pujari A, Rindler R, Boulis N, Pradilla G, Grossberg J, Ahmad F. “Complication Rates in Early vs Late Cranioplasty A 14-Year Single Center Case Series.” Operative Neurosurgery, 2020. PMID: 33469653 doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ons/opaa408
- Kuo M, Poirier M, Pettitt-Schieber B, Pujari A, Pettitt B, Alabi O, Rajani R. “Efficacy of vascular virtual medical student education during the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic.” Journal of Vascular Surgery, 2020. PMID: 32896565 doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2020.08.028
- Pujari A, Ramos C, Nguyen J, Rajani R, Benarroch-Gampel J. “Pharmacologic Therapy is Not Associated with Stroke Prevention in Patients with Isolated Blunt Vertebral Artery Injury.” Annals of Vascular Surgery, 2020. PMID: 32479882 doi: 10.1016/j.avsg.2020.05.029
- Pujari A, Ramos C, Duwayri Y, Rajani R, Jordan W, Crawford R, Benarroch-Gampel J. “Influence of Baseline Kidney Dysfunction on Perioperative Renal Outcomes after EVAR with Suprarenal Fixation.” Journal of Vascular Surgery, 2020. PMID: 32416308 doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2020.03.062
- Ramos C, Pujari A, Rajani R, Escobar G, Rubin B, Jordan W, Benarroch-Gampel J. “Perioperative Outcomes for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair Based on Aneurysm Diameter.” Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, 2020. PMID: 32138625 doi: 10.1177/1538574420909635
- Benarroch-Gampel J, Pujari A, Aizpuru M, Rajani R, Jordan W, Crawford R. “Technical success and short-term outcomes after treatment of lower extremity deep vein thrombosis with the ClotTriever system: A preliminary experience.” Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders, 2019. PMID: 31843476 doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvsv.2019.10.024
- Pujari A, Howard BM, Skukalek SL, Cherian J, Al-Bayati A, Tong F, Dion JE, Cawley CM, Grossberg JA. “Hemodynamic Fate of the Precommunicating Anterior Cerebral Artery is Predicted by Vessel Dominance after Pipeline Embolization Device Deployment Across the Internal Carotid Artery Terminus.” World Neurosurgery, 2019. PMID: 31075493 doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2019.04.234
- Pujari A, Howard BM, Madaelil TP, Skukalek SL, Roy AK, Dion JE, Cawley CM, Grossberg JA. “Pipeline Embolization Device treatment in internal carotid artery terminus aneurysms.” J Neurointerv Surg, 2018. PMID: 30472674 doi: 10.1136/neurintsurg-2018-014312
- Gagne AL, Stevens KE, Cassone M, Pujari A, Abiola OE, Chang DJ, Sebert ME. “Competence in Streptococcus pneumoniae is a response to an increasing mutational burden.” PLos One, 2013. PMID: 23967325 doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0072613