Divya Ramakrishnan, MD
I grew up in Northern California and attended USC for undergrad where I majored in biomedical engineering. I then worked in healthcare consulting for a year before going to medical school at UCI. During medical school, I was involved in research in thoracic and trauma surgery and in patient and medical education. In my free time, you can find me baking, hiking, and learning new dance routines.
Baking, dancing, discovering new restaurants and coffee shops, hiking, traveling
Thoracic surgery, surgical oncology, outcomes and education research
American College of Surgeons
Alpha Omega Alpha
The incredible surgical training, camaraderie, diversity of hospital settings, and the beautiful Pacific Northwest
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
Believe in yourself
What do you like best about living in Seattle?
The beautiful and easily accessible nature
- Yang CJ*, Shah SA*, Ramakrishnan D, Raman V, Diao K, Wang H, Commander SJ, D’Amico TA, Berry MF. Impact of positive margins and adjuvant radiation after resection of tracheal adenoid cystic carcinoma on survival. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2020, Apr; 109(4): 1026-1032.
- Liou DZ, Ramakrishnan D, Lui NS, Shrager JB, Backhus LM, Berry MF. Does size matter? A national analysis of the utility of induction therapy for large thymomas. Journal of Thoracic Disease. 2020, Jan; 12(2).
- Gambhir S, Grigorian A, Ramakrishnan D, Kuza CM, Sheehan B, Maithel S, Nahmias J. Risk factors for Withdrawal of Care in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. The American Surgeon. 2020, Jan; 86(1): 8-14.
- Ramakrishnan D, de Virgilio C. (2020). Right Calf Pain with Walking. In de Virgilio C, Grigorian A (Ed.), Surgery: A Case Based Clinical Review. Second Edition (pp. 635-643). New York: Springer.
- Ramakrishnan D, Garson L, Mensah P, De Los Santos J, Elfenbein DM. Enhancing the Preoperative Experience and Satisfaction of Surgical Patients at an Academic Medical Center through Implementation of a Smartphone Application. The American Surgeon. 2019, Nov; 85(11): 1294-1298.