Joshua Rosen, MD, MHS
I am currently in the research track in general surgery program. I am originally from Toronto and came to Seattle after medical school on the east coast. My research interest mostly are in outcomes research and utilizing advanced statistics to make use of large data sets. In my free-time I love getting outside in the pacific northwest including hiking, running, backpacking, camping, and snowshoeing.
Hiking, Running, Camping, Backpacking, Cooking, Fiction
Trauma Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Hernia Surgery
Resident representative on the robotic surgery curriculum committee
- Rosen J.E., Yoffe S., Meerasa A., Verma M.S. and Gu F.X. Nanotechnology and Diagnostic Imaging: New Advances in Contrast Agent Technology. Journal of Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology. 2(5), 115, 2011.
- Rosen J.E., Gu F.X. Surface Functionalization of Silica Nanoparticles with Cysteine: A Low-Fouling Zwitterionic Surface. Langmuir. 27(17), 10507, 2011.
- Rosen J.E., Chan L., Shieh D., Gu F.X. Iron oxide nanoparticles for targeted cancer imaging and diagnostics. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine. 8(3), 275, 2011.
- Rosen J.E., Jones L., Gu F.X., Light-Induced Aggregation of Nanoparticles Functionalized with 7-amino-4-methylcoumarin. Nano Life. 2(3), 2012.
- Hancock J., Rosen J., Moreno A., Kim A.W., Detterbeck F.C., Boffa D.J. Management of Clinical Stage IIIA Primary Lung Cancers in the National Cancer Database. Ann Thorac Surg. 98(2) 424-432, 2014.
- Dhamija A., Rosen J.E., Dhamija A., Gould Rothberg B.E., Kim A.W., Detterbeck F.C., Boffa D.J., Learning curve to lymph node resection in minimally invasive esophagectomy for cancer. Innovations: Technology and Techniques in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery. 9(4) 289-291, 2014.
- Rosen J.E., Hancock J.G., Kim A.W., Detterbeck F.C., Boffa D.J. Predictors of Mortality After Surgical Management of Lung Cancer in the National Cancer Database. Ann Thorac Surg. 98(6) 1953-1960, 2014.
- Rosen J.E., Keshava H.B., Yao X., Kim A.W., Detterbeck F.C., Boffa D.J., The natural history of operable non-small cell lung cancer in the national cancer database. Ann Thorac Surg. 101(5) 1850-1855, 2016.
- Salazar M.C., Rosen J.E., Arnold B.N., Thomas D.C., Kim A.W., Detterbeck F.C., Blasberg, J.D., Boffa D.J., Adjuvant chemotherapy for T3 non-small cell lung cancer with additional tumor nodules in the same lobe, J Thorac Oncol. 11(7) 1090-1100, 2016.
- Rosen J.E., Salazar M.C., Wang Z., Yu J.B., Decker R.H., Kim A.W., Detterbeck F.C., Boffa D.J., Lobectomy vs. stereotactic body radiotherapy in healthy patients with stage I lung cancer, J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 152(1) 44-54, 2016.
- Johnson K.K., Rosen J.E., Salazar M.C., Boffa D.J., Outcomes of a highly selective surgical approach to oligometastatic lung cancer, Ann Thorac Surg. 102(4) 1166-1171, 2016.
- Rosen J.E., Salazar M.C., Dharmarajan, K., Kim A.W., Detterbeck F.C., Boffa D.J., Length of stay from the hospital perspective: practice of early discharge is not associated with increased readmission risk after lung cancer surgery, Annals of Surgery. 266(2) 383-388, 2016. doi: 10.1097/SLA.0000000000001971.
- Boffa D.J., Rosen J.E., Mallin K., Loomis A., Gay G., Palis B., Thoburn K., Gress D., McKellar D.P., Shulman L.N., Facktor M.A., Winchester D.P., Using the national cancer database for outcomes research: a review, JAMA Oncology, 3 1722-1728, 2017 doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2016.6905